Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Content Assignments

So far-
Kayla- History of 420, pictures
Brooke- 1 most famous, or biggest (whatever adjective works out) 4/20
gatherings/celebrations/
protests.
Me (Sara)- Twitter streams, Facebook, etc. - social media related site issues. 420 playlist...
Margaret- psychological side of marijuana and how it effects the brain, graphic roll over animation on a
diagram/graphic of the human body as seen on Web MD, explanations could be text, audio, or even video of an expert
Dave- bong video
Laurel- How to roll a joint multimedia how-to guide.
Ana- dispensary thing--maybe a rollover graphic of dispensary locations and information about when they popped up? Also just talk to dispensaries and get info like how many people they have coming in every day and how much marijuana they plan on selling for 4/20
Leila- piece on why CU-Boulder is known as a place where marijuana is prevalent, compared to other universities and cities. Also, I'd like to build a map of the top 10 "reefer madness" schools (including CU) and what they are doing for 4/20...
Mitch- Could I do a story on the people who don't smoke and any changes to their plans they have to make because of this day? If that's too narrow I can just change this into an anti-4/20 thing in general.
mohaitengbo- video story on April 20. I will bring my camera to shoot images from the scene of the activity and try to take some interviews with the students who consume Marijuana. I know this is a challenging job, since I may violate his or her privacy.
Also I want to do a slide show to describe the work we do to prevent the drug abusing in both America and China.
Last I will attach one paper story with both the video and slide show to elaborate more details about this rally.
Kaely- anti 420


Please let me know what you want to do! I'd like to please everyone! If you are good at video/ photos- make sure to tell me!

Thanks!

9 comments:

  1. I would like to do something on the effects of weed on the brain if no one else minds -- maybe talk to a neuroscience expert as well as a psychologist, and attempt to do an interactive thing with the brain and what parts are hit hardest by marijuana?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent idea. Are there any experts on the CU campus that could be interviewed in support of this piece?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just kidding I didn't see that someone else was already doing that -- so, can I do a dispensary thing--maybe a rollover graphic of dispensary locations and information about when they popped up? Also just talk to dispensaries and get info like how many people they have coming in every day and how much marijuana they plan on selling for 4/20

    ReplyDelete
  4. Could I do a story on the people who don't smoke and any changes to their plans they have to make because of this day? If that's too narrow I can just change this into an anti-4/20 thing in general.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to pursue a video story on April 20. I will bring my camera to shoot images from the scene of the activity and try to take some interviews with the students who consume Marijuana. I know this is a challenging job, since I may violate his or her privacy.

    Also I want to do a slide show to describe the work we do to prevent the drug abusing in both America and China.

    Last I will attach one paper story with both the video and slide show to elaborate more details about this rally.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey - here's a video on a brief history of weed, if anyone wants to check it out or utilize it somehow:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfiaC-2K1LM

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can also take some photos maybe of adds or we could possibly use an online add to go alongside the article

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. I'll handle the anti-4/20 perspective (slash ambivalent, etc.) just to get the other side of things. I can take photos for that story, and during the actual event.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am unable to take photos exactly at 4:20pm on 4/20 because I have work BUT I am able to take photos before around 2:30-3:30ish and possibly earlier. I can take photos around campus during the day as well.

    ReplyDelete